Sunday, July 3, 2011

Trip to Wells Gray Provincial Park


Dave and Tannis decided to head out to the upper Clearwater in British Columbia. It was a long 10-hour drive to get out there, but the scenery was beautiful!

They headed out on Thursday, driving through Lake Louise, out to Golden, Revelstoke, and Kamloops. The road was really foggy, and Dave was beating his foot on my floor high-beam switch like it was a bass drum.



On Friday they drove through the Wells Gray Provincial Park, and saw the waterfalls and mountains that are located all around the park. The road was really bumpy, but I seemed to pull through with grace (well, as much grace as a camper van can have, I guess).

When they drove back, they ended up taking the Jasper route back to Calgary. Dave was swearing a lot through the Jasper main streets. I get the impression he doesn't like driving through city streets with me.

When they were finished, Dave and Tannis tallied up the gas receipts and found out that I manage 6.5 kilometers/liter, which is still fairly close to what the factory said I got back in 1985.

My per-kilometer cost is now MUCH lower, and they are both saying that I should be under a dollar a kilometer soon :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment